I have read many things about that CEH is not that good, but I think otherwise. I think everyone in IT schould attend a cource like this. You learn alot, some basic some advanced stuff. You need to start from somewhere, and this is a good starting point.
You need to learn how to walk before you can run.
I passed the CEH – Practical test 2019-02-27 And my thoughts about the test.
- You use a browser to access the test
- You can take notes on the local machine. Remember you might be forced to reset the vm:s (Kali box and Windows machine)
- There are 20 questions, you need to press the arrow to se question 11-20
- I am not used to US-Keyboard, but after this I am. I dont know if it possible to change in the test.
- You access your Windows machine and Kali box from a web browser.
- Do not use the copy and past function that is in the web panel. At least with large text. I needed to reboot my Kali box when I pasted my notes between Windows box and Kali box.
- Do not use Linux as host, it is not supported on your machine. It is ok to use a virtual machine to acces the test. That’s what I did.
- You can google stuff from your host not from the VM:s.
- You need a webcam, headphones and microphone. They record the hole session.
- What skills are good to know at least what I used
- Sql blind injections
- Wireshark (windows)
- Stego stuff
- snmpwalk can be a good thing
- How to find out what os is running on a box, nmap, snmp, smb and google is your friend.